Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard
To get her poor dog a bone;
But when she came there
The cupboard was bare,
And so the poor dog had none.
Sometimes it comes that hour that I’m supposed to be making dinner, but there’s doesn’t seem to be any food in the house… so I have to get creative.
I used things I always have on hand: spices, block cheese and pasta.
This ravioli dish draws inspiration from pesto, cream and tomato sauces. It’s all of them and none of them at the same time. Sort of a whatever-was-available dinner. So feel free to substitute; I sure did.
Cheese (about 1/2 cup hard cheeses, like cheddar, diced)
About 20 cherry tomatoes, some halved, some quartered
- Prepare the ravioli according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, cook the tomatoes in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil with a tablespoon of minced garlic. I keep minced garlic in oil in the fridge for quick and easy use.
- Toss in about 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and about 1/4 cup of basil.
- Right before you’re ready to top the ravioli, add in the cheeses. I used cheddar and some gouda. Let it melt and incorporate.
- Drain the ravioli and add the sauce and the raviolis back into the pot. Stir just enough to coat and serve.